Well, I can not believe that I did it! 5 days on an Egg Fast and I can honestly say that it was not hard at all especially thanks to this Egg Fast Belgium Waffle Grilled Cheese recipe. I really think the trick to completing an egg fast is to have a variety of flavours and textures so that your taste buds don't get bored.
So, what are my final thoughts with regards to the egg fast?
Honestly, I really enjoyed it!
Here are the reasons I will absolutely repeat an egg fast:
- tasty and delicious recipes
- easy meal prep
- easy portable meals
- easy to digest food
- never felt bloated
- felt mildly hungry every so often but was definitely not starving at any point.
- decreased any cravings for sweets.
- definitely, felt significantly leaner with less fluid retention
- felt full of energy throughout the day without any fluctuations in my energy.
- did I mention the food was delicious?!:-)
Here are the things I did not like on the egg fast
- Nutritionally, I realized that I was not eating well-balanced meals
- ....That's it!
Overall, I think the egg fast is a great way to get your body into a state of ketosis and to help shed any excess water weight. As for any permanent weight loss? I think people will most likely gain 1-2 lbs after taking in some form of carbohydrates. Glycogen binds to water when it is stored. Since this egg fast depleted the glycogen stores in the body, it also allowed for a decrease in fluid retention. Once you start eating any sort of carb, you will replenish a little of your glycogen stores and hence, increase some fluid retention.
However, I feel that the egg fast helped me feel VERY satisfied in terms of fullness and it wasn't until Day #5 that I even thought about sweets. For those of you who know me, sweets are definitely my weak link so this lack of craving came as quite a shock.
Anyway, on to the final Egg Fast recipe!
How to make an Egg Fast Belgium Waffle Grilled Cheese
- Combine 2 eggs, 1 oz cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture in a preheated waffle maker and cook thoroughly.
- Once the waffle is done, place 1 oz of cheese on half of the waffle.
- Place waffles in the toaster oven to melt cheese or place it in a skillet to melt the cheese.
If you like this Egg Fast Belgium Waffle Grilled Cheese recipe, check out the following:
- What is an Egg Fast (and why would anyone do it?!)
- Egg Fast Buffalo Wing Dip (Keto) - Day #1
- Egg Fast Pesto Wheels - Day #2
- Egg Fast Belgium Waffle - Day #4
- A Buffet of Deviled Eggs - 3 Different Flavours
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs - Ridiculously Easy to Peel (SCD Intro Phase)
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch salt
- 1 oz cheese
- Preheat waffle maker
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 1 minute. Pour in a waffle maker. Let cook slightly before closing the lid.
- Once cooked, remove from waffle maker and place 1 oz of cheese on half of the waffle and fold in half. Place waffle in a toaster oven or in a skillet to melt the cheese.
- 1 serving counts as 2 eggs : 1 fat : 2 cheese
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Egg Fast, Keto, Gluten Free
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 Grilled Cheese
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Fat: 42.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Protein: 19.3 g
Keywords: egg fast, recipe, waffle, zero carb, low carb, breakfast, lunch, keto kid