On to Day # 3 of my egg fast and believe it or not, I am still not tired of eggs! I think the key to not giving up is to have a variety of flavours. Buttery, garlicky and cheesy makes this delicious egg fast garlic bread a "must try" even if you are not on an egg fast
I really thought that by today, I would be fairly tired of eating eggs. However, I am shockingly not!
The trick to not getting bored with eggs lies purely in the different styles and flavours you create. I am absolutely sure that if I ate scrambled eggs with a little cheese for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I would not be able to even look at an egg right now.
However, since I have had flavours such as curry, pimento, smokey, buffalo wings as well as pesto, I am still looking forward to eating these nutrient-dense little packages!
What I ate on Day 3 of my Egg Fast:
1 Container with:
These 3 containers were for my 10 hour days.
This made grabbing my egg fast meals for the day an absolute cinch.
The only downfall with this meal prep was that the Super Easy Parmesan Cracker Crisps got a little soggy. Personally, I actually liked the taste but some people may not.
If you wanted to keep your crackers crisp, simply store them in a separate container.
Again, my stomach is feeling AMAZING! Maybe from the lack of having to work (let's face it, this diet has zero fibre!) and all the food I am eating is soft.
I still have yet to get a headache and my energy is fine. Overall, finishing off Day #3 with a bang!
How to make Egg Fast Garlic Bread:
This recipe utilizes the second half of the Pesto Wheel crust. If you missed that recipe, here it is again.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a high-speed blender, combine egg and cream cheese.
- Add some Italian seasoning and turn the blender on high for one minute.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 11 rimmed baking dish and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- I have a great silicon rimmed dish that I used in this recipe that I simply placed on top of a baking sheet.
ONLY HALF OF THIS WILL BE USED FOR THIS RECIPE. CHECK OUT THE POST OF DAY #2 ON HOW I USED THE REMAINING HALF TO MAKE EGG FAST PESTO WHEELS.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, divide the egg mixture in half.
- Save half for the pesto wheels and place the remaining half on a baking sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of butter over the egg crust.
- Sprinkle the butter layer with some powdered garlic.
- Spread 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place it back in the oven, under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped basil over the top (if you want).
How do you store this Egg Fast Garlic Bread?
Since I was not intending on eating this egg fast meal right away, I let it cool and then sliced it and stored it in an airtight container in the fridge. When I was ready to eat it, I simply removed it from the freezer the night before. When I was ready to eat it, I merely placed it in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes to heat it up.
So far, there is not a single recipe that I would not eat even if I were not doing an egg fast. Easy to make, easy to take, and easy to digest, these are going to be made again and again in our household!
If you like this Egg Fast Garlic Bread recipe, check out my other egg fast posts and recipes:
- What is an Egg Fast (and why would anyone do it?!)
- Egg Fast Buffalo Wing Dip (Keto) - Day #1
- Egg Fast Pesto Wheels - Day #2
- Egg Fast Belgium Waffle
- Egg Fast Grilled Cheese
- A Buffet of Deviled Eggs - 3 Different Flavours
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs - Ridiculously Easy to Peel (SCD Intro Phase)
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded basil for decoration (feel free to omit)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a high speed blender, combine egg and cream cheese. Add some Italian seasoning and turn the blender on high for one minute. Pour mixture into a 9 x 11 rimmed baking dish and place in the oven for 8 minutes. I have a great silicon rimmed dish that I used in this recipe that I simply placed on top of a baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, divide the egg mixture in half. Save half for the pesto wheels and place the remaining half on a baking sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons of butter over the egg crust. Sprinkle the butter layer with some powdered garlic. Spread 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese over the top. Place it back in the oven, under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese starts to brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped basil over the top (if you want).
- Only use 2 eggs and 1 oz of cream cheese if you are not planning on using the other half but keep the amount of butter and garlic the same (see post for details)
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Egg Fast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: egg fast, garlic bread, easy recipe, what I ate, gluten-free, egg fast recipe, low carb