Crispy Keto Air Fryer Cool Ranch Chicken Wings are so easy to make without having to bother with any leftover grease from frying! A healthier and much easier cleanup, these delicious air fryer baked wings are so quick and easy that they make the perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
Keto Cool Ranch Recipe
Do you know that it is really easy to make Cool Ranch seasoning at home? And once you make your seasoning, making keto air fryer cool ranch chicken wings is even easier!
Fun and easy to make, these air fryer wings will impress your family and are sure to be made again and again. Once you learn how to make wings in an air fryer, the possibilities for making different flavours are endless.
It’s football season and nothing beats enjoying football Sunday with some crispy air fryer chicken wings! These keto baked wings are air fried to crispy perfection, and are doubled up with Cool Ranch seasoning - first during their initial bake and then tossed in the most delicious Cool Ranch sauce. They are totally addicting, perfect for game day and even have Mr Grumble's seal of approval!
Keto baked wings fit in the appetizer and tailgating party category along with dips like this Keto 7-Layer Dip (Plant-Based Recipe), Keto White Cheddar Cranberry Jalapeno Holiday Dip (Only 5 Ingredients) as well as this Keto Asian Chicken Dip
What I LOVE about this Air Fryer Wings Recipe:
- Healthier - Air frying wings means you do not need to deep fry the wings which saves some fat and calories.
- Crispy- The air fryer constantly circulates air which means these wings get nice and crispy.
- Quick - With only about 5 minutes of prep time, these wings go straight into the air fryer and are ready in about 18-24 minutes.
- Easy Clean-up - You only have two bowls to wash which makes clean-up a breeze!
Keto Cool Ranch Recipe Ingredients
There aren't very many ingredients needed to make these keto air fryer Cool Ranch Chicken Wings.
- Dry Ranch Seasoning - I used Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning. You will need about 1 oz which is equal to 1 packet of seasoning.
- Smoked Paprika - Gives these wings an extra little smokiness
- Garlic Powder - Granulated garlic powder adds some depth to the seasoning
- Onion Flakes - Although onion flakes add a little crunchiness to these keto baked wings, you can use onion powder instead.
- Wings - This recipe calls for about 2 lbs of chicken wings as that is the quantity that fits into the bottom of my Ninja Foodi All-in-One air fryer. If you have a larger or smaller air fryer, adjust the recipe accordingly or cook the wings in 2 separate batches.
- Baking Powder - This may seem like an odd ingredient but tossing the wings in baking powder before adding the dry seasoning helps to make these air fryer wings more crispy.
How to Make Wings in an Air Fryer
Easy to make and quick to clean up, these keto baked wings are a great weeknight dinner idea!
Dry the wings well with paper towels and toss them in the baking powder.
Mix together the dry seasoning ingredients and toss the wings in the seasoning.
Arrange wings, in a single layer in the air fryer basket and bake, at 400 degrees F. for 18-24 minutes, turning the wings over at the halfway point.
Melt the butter with the remaining seasoning mix. Tip the wings from the air fryer basket into the main bowl and toss with the Cool Ranch sauce until all the wings have been coated.
Serve the wings with a side of ranch or blue cheese dip along with some celery sticks.
How do you bake wings so they get crispy?
Make sure that you dry the wings really well and use the baking powder to create a nice and crispy skin.
What is the best temperature for baking wings?
You want the temperature to be as hot as your air fryer gets! Most air fryers do not go above 400 degrees F. so these keto baked wings are baked at that temperature. If you bake your wings in the oven, aim for 425 degrees F. and if your oven has a convection feature, use it!
How do I separate whole wings?
Flip the whole chicken wing over so it is skin side down and you can easily see the joints. Use your fingers to locate the first ridge between the drumette and the wing portions. Place a sharp knife just beside this ridge and cut through the gap in the joint. Next, locate the gap between the wing and the wing tip portions. Cut through this joint to separate the two pieces.
Should I keep the wing tip?
The wing tip contains very little meat so I do not suggest using it as part of this recipe as it will dry out very quickly. However, you can always freeze the leftover wing tips and use them to make chicken broth or homemade bone broth.
Dipping Sauces for Keto Baked Wings:
Although I love these wings plain, some of you may love dipping your air fryer wings in a sauce so here are several different sugar-free and keto sauces to try:
- Chimichurri Sauce - The extra punch from the herbs tastes really good with the Cool Ranch flavour.
- Honey Mustard Sauce - Add some sugar-free honey to this Mustard sauce for a honey mustard dipping sauce
- Chipotle Sauce - Use this sauce instead of Buffalo sauce for a creamy kick
- BBQ sauce - Use this homemade sugar-free BBQ sauce to add a little sweetness to this keto Cool Ranch recipe
Looking for keto air fryer recipes like this? Try these:
Keto Side Dishes
These are my favourite keto dishes to serve with Keto Air Fryer Cool Ranch Chicken wings :
- 2 lbs chicken wings, split
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion flakes or powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- If needed, separate the drumsticks from the wings by cutting through the joint. Dry the wings well with paper towels and toss them in the baking powder.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon Ranch Dry Seasoning (reserving 1 tablespoon of Ranch mix for later), smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion flakes and salt and toss the wings in the seasoning, making sure that they are all evenly coated.
- Arrange wings, in a single layer in the air fryer basket and bake, at 400 degrees F. for 18-24 minutes, turning the wings over at the halfway point.
- Once the wings are cooker, remove the air fryer basket and set it on a cutting board. Melt the butter (do not clean out the air fryer) in the bottom of the air fryer with 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning mix. Stir until combined. Tip the wings from the air fryer basket back into the main air fryer bowl and toss with the Cool Ranch sauce until all the wings have been coated.
- Optional - If desired, set the air fryer to "broil" and broil until nice and crispy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Main Meals, Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American, Fall
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: ⅛ recipe
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 0.2
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 1.8
- Fiber: 0.3
- Protein: 20
Keywords: wings, air fryer, easy recipe, keto, low carb, baked, Cool Ranch