This Creamy Keto Chipotle sauce recipe comes together quickly and has amazing flavour! It’s like your favourite jarred version or the one you can get at your favourite taco joint…but so much better! With only 5 ingredients and 2 minutes of time, you can enjoy this delicious copycat Chipotle sauce on just about anything!
Copycat Chipotle Sauce
Looking for a killer keto chipotle sauce that takes no time at all?
Try this easy keto chipotle sauce recipe!
You may be wondering why you should take the time to make this creamy keto chipotle sauce at home when you can easily buy it from the store. Two things - Not only does it taste AMAZING but you also know exactly what’s in it and how much sugar it contains which helps to make sure you stick to your keto macros!
Fast and easy, drizzle this keto sauce on everything...I am not kidding! Drizzle it over Keto Sheet Pan Turkey Taco Bowls, Healthy Crunchy Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad or use as a dipping sauce for these Olive Stuffed Meatball Appetizers, Mini Taco Appetizers (Low Carb, Keto) or these Bacon-Wrapped Mustard Chicken Bites!
I am going to show you how to make an amazing copycat chipotle sauce that takes just 1 minute to puree all the ingredients together. It's my one of my favourite sauces and is perfect for when you end up with leftover canned chipotles!
Why this recipe works
I have made this keto sauce recipe so many times since there are so many things that I LOVE about it!
- Easy - Only a couple of ingredients are thrown into a blender until a nice and creamy sauce results
- Leftover Chipotles - It never fails that I end up opening a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and end up with too many for my recipe. This keto chipotle sauce comes to the rescue!
- Delicious - Creamy, tangy and spicy, this sauce checks all the boxes!
- Customizable - Since this recipe comes together in a blender, you can add additional spices or ingredients to suit your taste.
Keto Chipotle sauce is simple to whip up with a few pantry and standard refrigerator ingredients. The only thing you might not have on hand is canned chipotles in adobo, depending on what you keep on hand. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - These are really easy to find at most grocery stores near Mexican products. The can includes chipotle chiles and adobo sauce which is a purée of tomato, vinegar, garlic, and other spices.
- Sour Cream - You can use full-fat or light sour cream
- Mayo - Use any brand or make your own with this easy Avocado Oil Mayonnaise recipe
- Seasoning - A combination of lime juice and garlic help to round out the flavours. Then, all you have to do is taste it and add some salt to your liking!
See the recipe card for quantities.
Not much to see here! Seriously, dump the ingredients and blend!
Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
Blend on high until all the ingredients have been combined and have been pureed.
Pour the keto taco sauce into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Hint: If possible, use a glass container. This keto chipotle sauce is fairly acidic which can break down the plastic.
This copycat chipotle sauce can be adapted so that not only is it keto-friendly, but also Whole30, Paleo and Plant-Based!
- Whole30 - use a can of coconut milk (make sure you place it in the fridge overnight and remove the water before using!) and this homemade Whole30 mayo recipe. For the chipotle peppers in adobo, simply soak seeded dried peppers and then puree them with a little water and date paste.
- Paleo - use the same substitutions as above however, feel free to use coconut sugar instead of date paste
- Plant-Based - use a sour cream alternative by Kite Hill or Forager and a plant-based mayo, such as Chosen Vegan Mayo
You can even use my Homemade Mascarpone for a less "tangy" version. As for making plant-based sour cream, check out these homemade plant-based sour cream recipes by Cookie and Kate, the Simple Veganista or by Vegan Hugs.
Since this is a quick and easy recipe, multiple variations of this keto taco sauce can be achieved with very little effort!
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish
- Deluxe - add guacamole to the sauce for a fiber-packed keto sauce
- Kid-friendly - decrease the number of chipotle peppers and add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
See this Easy Keto Mexican Sauce on my website for a dairy-free twist!
To make this keto chipotle sauce, I highly suggest some type of high-speed blender. Since this is not a large quantity of sauce, I would suggest a smaller blender as it is easier to remove the sauce from the base of the blender.
You can also use a small food processor or simply double the recipe and use a large food processor instead.
You can store it for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. I would even think that the keto chipotle sauce could last even longer but we love it so much that it never lasts very long in our fridge.
Feel free to change the ratio of mayo and sour cream to suit the thickness you are looking for. For a thicker keto sauce, use less sour cream and for a thinner sauce, add more sour cream.
What is a chipotle sauce made of?
Most chipotle sauces are made from chipotle peppers that are in adobo sauce, mayo and sour cream.
What does chipotle sauce taste like?
I would describe it as a creamy, smoky Mexican sauce that tastes good on just about anything!
Is chipotle sauce spicy?
It can be! IF you want a spicier chipotle sauce, add more adobo and chipotle peppers. For a more mellow sauce, add more sour cream and mayo.
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for about 1 minute, adding additional water if necessary.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Sauce, Sides
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 41
- Sugar: 0.1
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 0.7
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0.6