These Easy No-Bake Keto Peanut Butter Cereal bars are the perfect way to start your day! Made without sugar and without grains, they need just 4 ingredients, one bowl, and about 5 minutes of hands-on time! These low-carb, gluten-free, and sugar-free no-bake bars will bring back fond childhood memories!
Keto Breakfast Bar Recipe
Now that I'm grown, I've come to realize that those sugary cereals we enjoyed as kids were not healthy or nutritious.
Our nutritional world has come a long way whereby it is now possible to find a cereal that is not only low in carbs but also healthy. That's where Catalina Crunch Cereal comes into play! Low carb, keto and gluten-free, Catalina Crunch makes a delicious cereal that is not too sweet and can be found at most grocery stores (including Costco!)
Ever since going keto, I’ve been slowly building up my repertoire of copycat nostalgic childhood favourites converted into gluten-free and sugar-free versions. Some of my favourites are my Copycat Payday Candy Bars, Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies – Sugar-free Puppy Chow, 3-Ingredient Keto Chocolate Crunch Bar Recipe as well as these Easy Keto Crispy Cereal Treats.
These Keto Peanut Butter Cereal bars come from a recipe my sister gave me a long time ago. By simply using some keto-friendly ingredients, I converted a childhood favourite into low carb sugar-free no-bake bars!
Why I love these Keto Cereal Bars
- These are a ridiculously easy keto cereal bar - only 5 minutes to make and only a handful of ingredients
- They are sugar-free no-bake bars which means that they are great for kids to help with
- This keto breakfast bar recipe makes a healthy and hearty grab-and-go breakfast
- They can be added to a lunch box for a filling afternoon or mid-morning snack
- Each bar contains over 12 grams of fiber and 13 grams of protein!
No-Bake Keto Bar Ingredients
- Keto Cereal– I used a combination of Catalina Crunch cereal which comes in a variety of flavours as well as plain soy protein puffs. However, as I mentioned above, there are a variety of keto-friendly cereals available on the market today as well as zero-sugar kinds of cereal so feel free to switch it up. I crushed my cereal to create smaller pieces but if your keto cereal is already on the smaller side, feel free not to crush it.
- Peanut Butter - I used smooth peanut butter but you could use almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter
- Sugar-free Syrup – I used KetoGoods Tapioca Fiber Syrup which is pure fiber with a sweet taste, but not too sweet. You can replace this with other sugar-free syrups such as ChocZero caramel syrup, Lakanto maple syrup or ChocZero sugar-free honey.
- Sweetener - I used allulose for this recipe but any type of sweetener will work. You may want to adjust the quantity of sweetener depending on the level of sweetener of your keto cereal
Keto Breakfast Bar Recipe Instructions
Ready to make these sugar-free no-bake bars???!!
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cereal and nuts.
Combine the peanut butter, liquid sweetener, and sweetener in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and repeat until the sweetener has dissolved (about 2 minutes)
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and toss to coat.
Press the mixture into a lined 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Place in the fridge until firm.
Sugar-free No-Bake Bars Variations and Substitutions
- If you’d prefer thick and dense keto cereal bars, add more cereal than recommended.
- Feel free to add some extracts for a variety of flavour options
- Add a drizzle of sugar-free chocolate over the bars for some extra chocolate flavor - or, add fold some in at the end.
- Feel free to add some sugar-free funfetti sprinkles or some additional sugar-free frosting
- To make these nut-free, use sunflower seed butter.
- You can also use different flavours of cereal, such as Keto honey nut protein cereal
What are Soy Protein Puffs?
Soy Protein puffs are a crunchy vegan cereal that contains 24 g of protein and only 2 g of carbs per serving. Sugar-free and only 100 calories per serving, these protein puffs are a great low-calorie option for better weight management.
How should you store these no-bake keto bars?
It’s best for these keto peanut butter and honey cereal bars to be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks. Let the treats sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to enjoying it. To freeze simply place the keto cereal bars in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
How can I add more protein to these sugar-free no-bake bars?
You can add more protein to this recipe by adding some protein powder to the cereal. You may need to add additional liquid sweetener if the bars look too dry.
What are the best liquid sweeteners for this keto recipe?
I have made these keto peanut butter cereal bars in a variety of ways and can tell you that ANY liquid sweetener made by ChocZero will work. Do not use any type of sweetener made for coffee drinks as it contains too high water content and will create soggy keto cereal bars.
More Keto Cereal Recipes
Looking for other keto cereal recipes like this? Try these:
More Easy Keto Breakfast Recipes
These are my favourite easy keto breakfast recipes to start my day:
- ½ cup (60 g) Keto Cereal (such as Catalina Crunch)
- 1 cup (40 g) soy protein puffs (or shredded coconut or sliced almonds)
- ⅓ cup (90 g) peanut butter, melted
- ¼ cup (90 g) sugar-free syrup (such as Vitafiber, sugar-free honey or sugar-free maple syrup)
- Optional - ¼ cup sweetener*
- Optional - ¼ cup (30 g) chopped Redskin Peanuts
- pinch of salt
- Line an 9 x 5-inch baking dish with parchment paper, making sure to have an overhand to easily be able to remove the bars. Set the pan to the side.
- In a medium-size bowl, add the cereal. In a second smaller bowl or large glass measuring cup, add the peanut butter, liquid sweetener and granular sweetener. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and repeat for 1 additional minute.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir to incorporate the ingredients.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish and store at room temperature or in the fridge to firm. Cut into 9 squares.
- * adjust the quantity of sweetener to suit your taste - Vitafiber is not as sweet as ChocZero Sugar-free Honey or Lakanto Maple Syrup so you may need to vary the quantity to suit your taste
- feel free to add some seeds instead of the nuts or omit them entirely
- Each bar contains under 6 grams of net carbs each
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chilling Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Keto, Low Carb, Sugar-free
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 1.5
- Fat: 8.4
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 12.2
- Protein: 13
Keywords: cereal, breakfast bar, snack, high fiber, keto, high protein, bar, easy, no-bake, gluten-free, sugar-free