This Easy Healthy Fresh Herb Dressing will take any ordinary dish to the next level! Packed with flavour and filled with nutrients, this keto herb vinaigrette is the perfect way to use up all those herbs in your garden.
Fresh Herb Sauce
This fresh herb dressing is one you will find yourself making over and over again as it not only tastes delicious but is the perfect addition to any dish.
With only a food processor or an immersion blender, this keto herb vinaigrette comes together in under 5 minutes. Plus, this a great way to use any leftover herbs that are in abundance in your garden which makes this a very versatile recipe - any combo of your favourite herbs will do!
This fresh herb dressing can be drizzled over your favourite summer salad and used as a keto herb vinaigrette, use it as a marinade or even drizzle over some Pickle Juice brined Chicken for a healthy keto dressing.
Why you will LOVE this Keto Herb Vinaigrette
- Quick and Easy - Honestly, this recipe will come together in under 5 minutes
- Tasty - There is NOTHING better than the taste of fresh herbs
- Healthy - This fresh herb dressing is by FAR the healthiest keto salad dressing as it has absolutely ZERO preservatives or any other funny ingredients. Plus, it is packed with antioxidants.
- Customizable - I have posted a basic recipe for a keto herb vinaigrette but with a few additions, you can create an entirely new taste profile which means you will NEVER get tired of this recipe.
Healthy Keto Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Fresh herbs - This is where you get to be creative. Use any type of herb that is growing like crazy in your garden. I use equal amounts of fresh cilantro and basil as that is what my garden was producing. I then added some thyme, a little tarragon, and parsley.
- Red Pepper Flakes - This ingredient adds a little kick to the whole thing!
- Garlic - 3 cloves of garlic is just the right amount to give this healthy keto salad dressing the garlicky flavor that it needs. If you have any Homemade Garlic Confit, I absolutely suggest using it in this recipe.
- Vinegar: I like to use White Wine Vinegar, Red Wine, or Rice vinegar, just to taste, to help round out the flavours. If you don't have any of these ingredients, you could always try using apple cider vinegar.
- Olive Oil: I like to use Extra Light virgin olive oil but other oils such as Walnut oil or Avocado oil will work well.
- Sweetener - This ingredient is completely optional. If I am craving a sweeter fresh herb dressing, then I will sometimes add some liquid Monk Fruit drops, a little powdered allulose or even some Sugar-Free Honey.
How to make this Healthy Keto Dressing
There are 2 different ways by which you can make this keto fresh herb sauce, either using a food processor or an immersion blender.
Using a Food Processor:
Add the vinegar, onion, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the onion has broken down.
Add the herbs and turn the food processor on as you drizzle the olive oil.
Process until desired consistency is reached. Taste and add additional salt, pepper, water, or oil to achieve the taste and thickness you want.
Using an Immersion blender:
An immersion blender (a stick blender) makes this healthy keto salad dressing easy to whip up in under 5 minutes!
Add the chopped onion, vinegar, garlic, salt, and red pepper to the bowl of the immersion blender. Blend until the onion has been broken down.
Add the herbs and olive oil to the cup and process.
Process, moving stick blender up and down, until desired consistency is reached. Taste the herb sauce and add additional salt, sweetener, pepper, water, or oil to suit your taste and texture.
How should this fresh herb dressing be stored?
Place the fresh herb sauce in an airtight jar. Place it in the fridge and it should last up to 2 weeks.
Can I freeze this healthy keto dressing?
I do not suggest freezing this salad dressing as the consistency will be altered.
Can I freeze leftover fresh herbs?
Freezing works well for herbs like parsley, dill, basil, chives lemon balm, mint or tarragon.
Can I eat the stem of herbs?
Yes! Some herb stems will get woody so I do not suggest eating those stems. Also, the stem from parsley has a slightly bitter taste so I avoid using the stems in dishes like this fresh herb sauce.
Which oils work best for making keto salad dressings?
Oils rich in monounsaturated fat, phytochemicals, and alpha-linolenic acid are best for salad dressings. These include extra virgin olive, canola, peanut, flaxseed, walnut, hemp, avocado, and almond oils.
More Keto Savoury Sauce Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
More Keto Dessert Sauce Recipes
These are my favourite sugar-free sweet dessert sauce recipes:
- 2 cups fresh herbs, leaves only except for cilantro, if using
- ¼-½ small sweet red onion (or sweet onion)
- ¼ cup vinegar (red, apple cider, rice, etc...)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup extra virgin light olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL - add 2-4 tablespoon of water or additional olive oil for desired consistency or a pinch of sweetener for a sweeter herb sauce.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the onion, vinegar, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Pulse until the onion has been broken down into small pieces.
- Add the herbs to the food processor bowl and process until herbs have broken down slightly, 5-10 pulses.
- With food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated. Taste the herb sauce and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- See post for stick/immersion blender instructions
- If you want a thinner sauce, add additional water or olive oil
- If you want a slightly sweeter sauce, add a pinch of allulose or sugar-free honey
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American, Keto, Low Carb
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon (15 ml)
- Calories: 26
- Sugar: 0.1
- Fat: 2.8
- Carbohydrates: 0.3
- Fiber: 0.1
- Protein: 0.1
Keywords: marinade, keto, low carb, easy, sauce, herbs, healthy, sugar-free, salad dressing,