These 2-Ingredient Keto Carnivore Mini Waffles have quickly become a staple in our house! By simply blending a combination of eggs and chorizo, not only are these keto waffles ridiculously easy but they are also perfect for a grab-and-go dairy-free carnivore snack!
Keto Mini Waffles
As you all may know, I have fallen in love with my Mini Dash waffle maker. I have been regularly making keto mini waffles, like these Easy Mini Keto Pumpkin Waffles almost every week since they are such a great easy carnivore breakfast idea!
With only 2 basic ingredients and a high-speed blender, you can make this dairy-free keto recipe in a flash.
Ingredients for Carnivore Mini Waffles
The list of ingredients for making this carnivore breakfast idea is really simple with super easy-to-find ingredients!
- Chorizo - I used La Banderita Chorizo for this recipe. This pork chorizo features the flavours of garlic, chile peppers, and spices for the perfect flavour combination. Made with 100% shoulder and Boston Butt pork meat,it does not contain any fillers and it is gluten-free.
- Eggs - You will need large eggs for these keto mini waffles.
- Optional - 1-2 tablespoon Panko pork rinds or ½ cup shredded shredded cheese (which will no longer make these a dairy-free keto recipe!)
How to Make this Easy Keto Breakfast
Grab your mini waffle maker and let's make this dairy-free keto recipe!
Take your chorizo and remove the casing. Break the chorizo into smaller sections.
In a high-speed blender, add the eggs and chorizo. Blend on high for 1 minute or until all the chorizo has broken down.
Add approximately ¼ cup of the batter to your mini waffle maker and bake until light turns off, signaling the waffle is ready.
Remove the waffle and place on a plate. Continue with the remaining batter until no batter remains.
Hint: Don't forget that you are using raw chorizo so make sure that you do NOT remove your waffle before the light goes off.
Carnivore Breakfast Idea Substitutions
There are a variety of different levels of strictness when it comes to the carnivore diet. Below are substitutions or additions for this easy keto breakfast to suit whichever level of carnivore you are following.
- Hardcore Carnivore - Instead of using chorizo that contains spices (which are typically not allowed on the hardcore carnivore diet), simply use ground pork and add some salt and pepper.
- Keto Carnivore - add some shredded cheese or cheese crumbles (like blue cheese!) to the recipe. This will obviously no longer make this a dairy-free keto recipe.
Equipment for Keto Mini Waffles
To make these carnivore mini waffles, you will need a high-speed blender as well as a mini waffle maker. My favourite high-speed blender that I have had for years is my Vitamix. As for a mini waffle maker, Dash makes a great one for under $10!
Storing Carnivore Mini Waffles
These carnivore mini waffles need to be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. They will last 5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze these keto mini waffles for up to 3 months.
What is chorizo?
Chorizo is a highly seasoned chopped or ground pork sausage. It is highly seasoned and slightly spicy.
What is the difference between Mexican and Spanish Chorizo?
Mexican chorizo is made with fresh (raw, uncooked) pork, while the Spanish version is usually smoked.
Where can I buy Chorizo?
Chorizo is available at almost all local grocery stores (including Walmart). Look for it in the refrigerated section, usually near the sausage area.
Do I eat the casing of the chorizo?
For this recipe, you will remove the casing from the chorizo so you will end up with ground meat and not a sausage link.
Can I make these keto mini waffles in a regular waffle maker?
Although I have not tried these carnivore mini waffles in a large waffle maker, I do believe that they should work.
Can I turn this Carnivore breakfast idea into a PSMF recipe?
Yes! Use only egg whites instead of the eggs and use lean ground seasoned turkey sausage to keep the fat low but the protein high.
Can I make these without a mini waffle maker?
Yes. You can use a whoopie pie pan, doughnut pan or a muffin pan if you do not have a mini waffle maker.
More Easy Keto Breakfast Recipes
Looking for other easy keto breakfast recipes like this? Try these:
More Carnivore Dairy-free Keto Recipes
Here are some additional dairy-free keto recipes that are also Carnivore diet friendly.
- 4 eggs
- 2 chorizo sausage links, casing removed
- Add the eggs and the chorizo sausage to the bowl of a high speed blender.
- Blend on medium for about 1 minute. Pour the mixture into a large pourable glass measuring cup.
- Heat your mini waffle maker. When the light goes off, add just under ¼ cup of the batter to the center of the waffle maker. Close the lid.
- When the light goes off, open the lid and using a fork, remove the carnivore waffle. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Carnivore
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 mini waffle
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 0.1
- Fat: 12.2
- Carbohydrates: 0.7
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 9
Keywords: carnivore, waffle, mini waffle, zero calorie, breakfast, easy, PSMF