These Easy Keto Sausage Breakfast Bites are an absolute must for anyone needing a quick "grab and go" fat fast keto breakfast recipe. Keep them in the fridge and quickly reheat them and in about 10 seconds and you have a sinfully delicious breakfast of champions!
Easy Keto Breakfast Bites
Are your mornings as crazy and hectic as mine? By the time I have gotten in my cup of joe, a morning run, and a quick shower before work, I barely have time to brush my teeth, let alone eat breakfast!
Plus, since I have a tendency to extend my nighttime fast until late morning, eating while working does not allow me to use spoons, forks, or knives!
So, after creating these Whole30 Sausage Breakfast Balls years ago, I decided to take this recipe and spin it ever so slightly for a more friendly fat fast keto recipe.
Just like my High Fiber Breakfast Muffins, Nutella Swirl Breakfast Muffins, these Keto Cereal S'mores Bars as well as this Healthy Keto Peanut Butter Protein Cereal, having quick and easy breakfast options are a must in our house.
- Easy Keto Breakfast Bites
- Keto Breakfast Bites Ingredients and Substitutions
- Instructions for making Keto Breakfast Bites
- Keto Breakfast Recipe Variations
- Storing Keto Sausage Breakfast Bites
- More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Bites Dipping Sauce Ideas
- Easy Keto Sausage Breakfast Bites - Fat Fast Recipe
Keto Breakfast Bites Ingredients and Substitutions
These keto sausage breakfast bites have only 3 main ingredients. Please see the recipe card for the full list of ingredients.
- Sausage - I used Butcher Box Ground Pork but any type of ground sausage will work. My sausage was lightly seasoned with salt, fennel, pepper, and paprika. If you use plain ground pork, you may want to add some additional seasoning to this recipe. Also, you can use chicken, beef, or turkey if you prefer.
- Almond flour - Almond flour helps to bind the keto sausage balls. You can most likely use coconut flour but only start by adding half the amount as coconut flour can lend itself to more dry and crumbly end results.
- Cream Cheese - Cream cheese is added to the recipe to add some extra moisture and fat. You can always replace the cream cheese with sour cream but only start by adding half the amount and increase until the meat sticks together.
Instructions for making Keto Breakfast Bites
With under 5 minutes of time and 20 minutes in the oven, this fat fast keto recipe comes together quickly!
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine all the ingredients - you can either do this by hand or in a food processor.
Place the keto sausage balls in a greased 8 x 8-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the keto breakfast bite reaches 160 degrees. F.
Hint: I like to use a cookie scoop to portion out the keto sausage balls evenly. You should get about 16 keto breakfast bites.
Keto Breakfast Recipe Variations
One of the things I love about this recipe is that there are so many different flavour variations that you will never get tired of making these keto sausage breakfast bites!
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes, hot sauce, or jarred diced jalapenos for a stuffed jalapeno breakfast bite.
- Sweet - add some sugar-free maple syrup, sugar-free honey, or tapioca fiber syrup for a salty-sweet twist.
- Kid-friendly - You can always add some sugar-free ketchup or BBQ sauce for your little ones!
See these Whole30 Breakfast Sausage Balls for a gluten-free and Paleo version.
Storing Keto Sausage Breakfast Bites
You can store these keto sausage breakfast bites in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Make sure that you allow the keto sausage balls to fully cool before placing them in the fridge.
You can also freeze the bites for up to 3 months.
Take the breakfast bites and place them in the microwave for about 30 seconds. If they are frozen, allow them to thaw overnight before heating them in the microwave.
Fat Fast recipes need to have a ratio of 4:1 in terms of fat to carbs/protein. To make this a fat fast recipe, increase the cream cheese to 4 oz and dip each keto sausage bit into a fat fast sauce, such as this Easy Homemade Keto Big Mac Special Sauce Recipe
I do not see why you couldn't. However, the nutritional information will change depending on the product you use.
No. I have eaten 1 breakfast bite every two hours and I remained at a very high level of ketosis the entire time. Just do not eat more than 1-2 every couple of hours until you are ready to break your fast.
Yes! You can easily double this recipe and either make double the number of sausage bites or make larger breakfast bites. If you make larger breakfast bites, you may need to cook the bites a little longer.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Breakfast Bites Dipping Sauce Ideas
If you want are looking to increase the fat to create a fat fast keto recipe, take each sausage breakfast bite and dip it into any one of these DELICIOUS keto sauces!
- 8 oz ground pork sausage (you can buy it from the store or make it from scratch using this recipe)
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Everything But the Bagel seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, spoon, or a food processor, incorporate all the ingredients.
- Take approximately 1-2 tablespoon of the mixture and form into a ball. Roll ball between palms until nice and compact. Repeat for the remaining mixture (you should have 12-16 total) and place in the baking dish.
- Place dish in the oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- To make this Fat Fast friendly, add an additional 2 oz of cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of creamy dipping sauce for each sausage bite.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Whole30, Keto, Paleo
- Serving Size: 1 breakfast bite
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 0.3
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0.1
- Protein: 3.5
Keywords: breakfast, snack, grab and go, easy, keto, healthy, low carb, paleo, whole30, fat fast recipe