These Easy Keto Curry Spiced Walnuts are perfect for your next holiday gathering or the next Charcuterie board! Simple ingredients and under 20 minutes...what is there not to love about these homemade curried nuts?!
Easy Keto Appetizer
In the realm of culinary delights, there exist certain creations that elevate simple ingredients to an exquisite culinary experience. One such marvel that has been tantalizing taste buds for centuries is the flavour of curry.
I absolutely love the flavour of curry and would love to have it as a late afternoon snack - so I decided to create a keto curried nut recipe.
This delightful fusion of flavours, marrying the earthy richness of walnuts with the aromatic allure of curry, creates a treat that is both indulgent and innovative.
Along with my Keto Asian Chicken Dip, Delicious Bay Scallop Hot Seafood Dip as well as these Easy Keto Sausage Bites, I love serving a variety of different easy keto appetizers with different flavour combinations when I have company come over. These keto curried nuts are just one more addition to my keto appetizer repertoire!
Why you will love these Homemade Curried Nuts
Amazing taste - There is magic that happens when a harmonious blend of curry spices - curry, turmeric, paprika, and a touch of heat from black pepper - is carefully mixed with a hint of sweetness.
Awesome Texture - The first bite of curried walnuts is a sensory journey. As you take a bite, the initial crunch gives way to a burst of flavors. The warmth of the curry spices tingles your taste buds, while the richness of the walnuts provides a satisfying contrast. The subtle sweetness lingers, balancing the savoury and spicy notes.
Variety of Uses - One of the most delightful aspects of keto curry spiced walnuts is their versatility. They can be the star of your charcuterie board, adding a gourmet touch to your cheese and wine evenings. Alternatively, they can elevate salads, bringing an unexpected twist to your greens. Imagine the delightful crunch they provide on top of a fresh Brussels Sprout salad with goat cheese and Keto Ginger Salad Dressing
Recipe Simplicity - This has got to be by far one of the easiest keto recipes in the world which means you can make them all the time or if you are in a pinch when unexpected company stops by!
Ingredients for Keto Curry Spiced Walnuts
These keto flavoured nuts only require some basic ingredients. After you follow the recipe the first time, feel free to modify the quantity of the spices to suit your taste.
- Nuts - You will need 2 cups of raw nuts. I like to use walnuts or pecans since they have tons of grooves for the spices to get tucked into!
- Oil - Extra-virgin olive oil or walnut oil or even toasted sesame oil will all work and lend themselves to slightly different and unique flavours!
- Spices - You will need a combination of yellow curry powder, turmeric, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Sweetener - You can use any type of sweetener except for allulose as allulose will brown too quickly.
See the recipe card for below for the exact quantities.
Instructions for Making Keto Curried Nuts
Making keto flavoured nuts is one of the easiest recipes - perfect for beginners!
Combine the nuts in a large bowl and toss with oil. Add all the spices and the sweetener and mix until the nuts are well covered in the spices.
Spread the keto flavoured nuts on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Bake at 325 for 15 minutes, tossing the nuts at the half way point.
Hint: As the nuts cool, they will continue to crisp and get nice and crunchy.
Are nuts keto friendly?
Yes. Not only nuts low in carb and high in fiber but they also are a good source of protein as well as healthy fats.
Which nuts have the highest fat content?
The top 3 nuts when it comes to percentage of fat are macadamia nuts, walnuts and pecans.
Can I use seeds instead of nuts?
Yes. Just make sure that your seeds are raw and unsalted.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes. Simply hit the "2x" on the recipe card to double the recipe.
Are these keto curried nuts fat fast approved?
Yes! These keto flavoured nuts contain 90% fat so they are perfect for a fat fast diet.
So, whether you make this easy keto appetizer for friends or use these homemade curried nuts for your next fat fast, I can assure you that these keto curry spiced walnuts are sure to not disappoint!
More Keto Nut-Based Recipes
Looking for other keto nut recipes like this? Try these:
More Easy Keto Appetizers
These are more keto appetizers to serve alongside these keto flavoured nuts:
- 2 cups raw walnuts (10 oz.)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the nuts to a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat the nuts.
- Add the curry powder, sweetener, turmeric, paprika, and a few grinds of black pepper juice to the bowl with the nuts. Stir all the ingredients together well, making sure that the nuts are completely coated with the curry mixture. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Place the curried nuts into the oven. Bake, tossing halfway through, until walnuts are toasted and the curry mixture darkens slightly, about 15 minutes more. (The walnuts will crisp as they cool)
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snacks, Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Whole30, Keto, Paleo
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 oz
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 0.5
- Fat: 14.5
- Carbohydrates: 3.3
- Fiber: 1.7
- Protein: 3.1
Keywords: baked nuts, keto, low carb, healthy, plant-based, curry, spicy, candied