These soft and chewy Keto Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies only require a couple of ingredients and a handful of strawberries which makes it the perfect cookie recipe! Gluten-free, low carb and sugar-free, these easy cookies are such a treat. Nothing screams summer like strawberries so why not combine them in a light and delicious cream cheese cookie.
The other day, our local grocery store had 16 oz of organic strawberries listed for "4 for $5".
Seriously...can you believe it?!!
So, of course I had to pick up 4 lbs of strawberries...wouldn't you?
The only "problem" with organic is that they need to be eaten quickly otherwise, they do not last as long as non-organic strawberries that have most likely be sprayed with some kind of crazy chemical that allows them to stay looking beautifully red (although absolutely tasteless!) for weeks at a time.
What's a girl gonna do with so many strawberries?
You guessed it, make Keto Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies!
What ingredients do you need to make these Keto Cream Cheese Strawberry Cookies?
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- cream cheese
- vanilla, salt, baking powder
- OPTIONAL - white chocolate (chips or bar)
How do you keep the strawberry pieces from turning a dull red colour after baking?
There is a simple trick for keeping bright red even after having been baked. The secret lies in tossing the diced strawberries in a little lemon juice.
The acidity of the lemon keeps the strawberries looking nice and bright. And, since you are going to drain the diced strawberries before stirring them into the batter, there is no "lemon" flavour that is carried into the cookie.
The best news, you can use bottled lemon juice and not real lemons!
How do you make these Keto Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies?
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder
- Whisk the ingredients to ensure they are fully combines
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese and sweetener
- Beat on low until just combined
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on low until just combined
- Add in dry ingredients and beat again until everything has been incorporated
- Fold in the strawberries and white chocolate (if using)
- Drop heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet and gently flatten the cookies
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges start to brown
How do you make these Strawberry Cookies into bars?
- Add 1 teaspoon of xantham gum to the dry ingredients
- Follow the recipe instructions for making the cookies
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the edges begin to brown
What brand of white chocolate is keto-friendly?
- this is my favourite brand as the flavour is very close to real white chocolate
- the ingredients are : Cocoa butter, soluble corn fiber, whole milk powder, sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, madagascar bourbon vanilla beans.
- this is a more readily available keto white chocolate that you can actually find at most Walmarts
- the ingredients are: Erythritol, Cocoa Butter, Inulin, Whole Milk Powder, Sunflower Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Vanilla Extract, Stevia Leaf Reb
If you don't mind adding a few extra carbs into the cookies, I highly suggest Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips. Since this recipe makes 24 cookies, using Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips would add only 0.75 grams of carbs to each cookie.
Tips, Tricks and Substitutions for this sugar-free Keto Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookie Recipe:
- Make sure you toss the strawberries in the lemon juice and sit for awhile otherwise you will not have the bright red colour shown in the pictures
- Do not over-mix the ingredients. Just like like I explained in my Strawberry Cheesecake recipe, if you over-mix the ingredients, you will create too many air bubbles and they will not hold together as well.
- The cookies will not spread out so flatten them slightly with a fork.
- If you want you want to replace the almond flour and coconut flour, feel free to replace it with 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Feel free to use any type of white chocolate
- Feel free to replace the sweetener with regular sugar in a 1:1 ratio
If you like these Keto Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies, you may also enjoy these gluten-free cookie recipes:
- Easy Keto Creamy Lemon Cookie Cups
- Edible Keto Shortbread Cookie Dough
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Salted Caramel Apple Cookies (Low Carb)
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼-½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease (or spray) a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of sweetener. Stir to combine and let sit for 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt and baking powder and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and sweetener until just incorporated (do not overmix). Add in egg and vanilla and beat on low until combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat on low until just combined.
- Stir in white chocolate (if using) and strawberries. Place cookie batter in the fridge to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Take heaping tablespoons of the batter and place them on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly with the back of a fork. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just begin to brown.
- Once cookies have baked, allow them to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Net carbs per cookie is only 2.6 grams
- Do not overmix the cookies or they will turn out crumbly
- Make sure you allow the cookies to cool before placing them on the cooling rack
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 2 g