This Air Fryer Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Onions recipe makes the most delicious side dish. With only a couple of ingredients, you can create the most delectable crispy and healthy side dish.
Roasted Brussels sprouts such a new revelation for me!
The best roasted Brussels sprouts are crisp and golden on the outside and tender on the inside. They’re full of irresistible caramelized flavour, which is both sweet and nutty.
And after falling in love with my Keto Caramelized Skillet-Roasted Brussels Sprouts, I knew I had to find more ways to create these delicious little gems!
Roasted Brussels sprouts really don’t need much seasoning, but for me to love them, they do need to have that extra little crispy outer crust.
Brussels sprouts are in season from September through March here in the U.S., although you can find them year-round.
Luckily for those of you who can't find fresh Brussels Sprouts, this recipe actually uses frozen Brussels Sprouts as well as frozen pearl onions.
But don't worry if you think that you will end up with a pile of frozen much because once you put these frozen vegetables in an air fryer, they crisp up perfectly!
What is the nutritional value of 1 cup of Brussels Sprouts?
- 56 calories
- 4 grams of protein
- 4 grams of fibre
They are also touted to help control blood sugar, protect against cancer, boost the immune system, fight inflammation and heart disease, restore digestive health, protect the skin and eyes, improve brain health as well as to help support proper nerve function.
After reading all of these benefits, I knew I needed to come up with more recipes for these green little gems!
What ingredients do you need to make these Air Fryer Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Onions?
- frozen Brussels Sprouts (or fresh)
- frozen pearl onions
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
What are pearl onions?
According to Wikipedia, the pearl onion:
- is known as a button, baby or silverskin onion in the UK,
- is also referred to as creamers in the US
- it is a close relative of the leek,
- it may be distinguished from common onions by having only a single storage leaf, similar to cloves of garlic
- In France or Quebec, they are known as oignon grelot.
How do you make these Air Fryer Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Onions?
- allow the frozen vegetables to thaw slightly
- slice the vegetables in half
- allow them to fully thaw
- toss them in olive oil
- place them in an air fryer for 30-40 minutes
What type of Air Fryer did I use to make this recipe?
I absolutely LOVE my Ninja Foodi All-In-One.
It is not only an air fryer but also a pressure cooker as well as a slow cooker. Since my kitchen is not massive, having 1 appliance instead of 3 is a blessing!
Why do you allow the Brussels Sprouts and onions to thaw?
By allowing the veggies to thaw slightly, it makes slicing them much easier. IF you allow them to thaw all the way, they actually are harder to slice in half.
Do you have to allow the veggies to thaw before placing them in the air fryer?
Although you do not need to thaw the vegetables, it does cut down on the cooking time. If you place the veggies while they are still slightly frozen, you may need to increase the roasting time by 10 minutes.
What different spices can you use on these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts and Onions?
What main meal can you serve these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts and Onions with?
- 1 lb (454 grams) Brussels Sprouts, slightly thawed and sliced in half
- 1 lb (454 grams) pearl onions, slightly thawed and sliced in half
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
*This recipe is using a Ninja Foodi All-In-One
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Spray the inside of the air-fryer basket with avocado oil spray or olive oil spray. Carefully pour the ingredients into the basket.
- Set the the Ninja Foodi to "air crisp". Set the temperature to 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, stir the ingredients and set again for anywhere between an additional 10-20 minutes.
- Once the Brussels Sprouts and Onions are browned to your liking, remove them and enjoy!
- cooking time depends on how "thawed" the vegetables are as well as the type of air fryer you are using.
- net carbs is 6 grams per serving
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 55
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
Keywords: ninja foodi, air fryer, vegetarian, vegan, easy, roasted vegetables, holidays