This Keto Air Fryer Bang Bang Salmon is a quick and easy recipe. With a slightly crispy outer crust combined with a creamy, sweet, and spicy sauce, this keto salmon recipe tastes better than anything you can get at a restaurant!
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
As much as I love salmon, I do not love cooking it inside as I sometimes feel like it can leave my home smelling like a fisherman's wharf. Plus, since Mr. Grumble does not care for fish, making salmon for one can be more trouble than it is worth!
But, by using an air fryer, not only do you get a wonderfully crispy outer layer, but all the smells are contained! This keto air fryer recipe is just as easy as my Air Fryer Fish Bites but is even easier and spicier thanks to this keto bang bang sauce!
Why this Keto Salmon Recipe Works
- Easy - You only need about 5 minutes of prep, a handful of ingredients, and about 10 minutes in the air fryer before this keto salmon recipe is ready to be served
- Heat - You can make the keto bang bang sauce as spicy or mild as you wish by simply adding or subtracting the hot sauce or chipotle peppers
- Taste - Sweet, spicy, and creamy, this keto air fryer bang bang salmon hits all your taste buds!
- Quantity - This keto salmon recipe serves 1, however, you can double, triple, or quadruple the recipe for a quick and easy keto air fryer recipe for 2-4 servings!
Air Fryer Salmon Ingredients
The list of all the ingredients is in the recipe card. However, here are a few things to check to make sure that you have on hand before making this air fryer salmon recipe.
- Salmon - You will need 1 thawed boneless salmon fillet. Do not worry about the skin on the salmon as once it is cooked, the salmon will easily release from the skin.
- Mayo - you can use homemade mayo or store-bought mayo.
- Chili Garlic Sauce - Unlike other keto bang bang sauce recipes, I like to use Garlic Chili Sauce instead of Sweet Chili Garlic sauce since I prefer to not add extra sugar to this sauce which allows for a lower carb count. You can always use Sriracha instead.
- Sweetener - Since I still wanted this keto bang bang sauce sweet and, since I am not using the sweet chili sauce, you will need to add some sweetener to the bang bang sauce. You can use liquid allulose, Tapioca Fiber syrup, or any other sweetener. If you use a granular sweetener, you will want to warm the mixture up slightly to help dissolve the sweetener.
Instructions of Keto Air Fryer Bang Bang Salmon
This air fryer salmon recipe comes together from start to finish in about 15 minutes!
Spray your air fryer basket well and preheat it to 400 degrees F. Whisk together the sauce ingredients
Pat dry the salmon and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Spread 1 tablespoon of the keto bang bang sauce over the top of the salmon.
Spray the basket one more time and place the salmon in the air basket. Bake for 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.
Remove the salmon from the air fryer and drizzle with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle sliced green onions and enjoy!
Hint: Make sure you do not overcook your salmon. Since every air fryer is slightly different, make sure to check your salmon at the 6-minute mark to see if it is ready.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe Variations
This keto air fryer recipe is so easy that you can add a couple of twists and create entirely customized keto salmon recipes.
- Spicy - add additional hot sauce, chipotle peppers or even some chili pepper flakes
- Deluxe - serve this with some guacamole, Easy Keto Coconut Riced Cauliflower, or some microwaved crispy onions
- Kid-friendly - do not add as much hot sauce or even add some additional sweetness to the sauce by using some ketchup.
See this Air Fryer Fish Bites for a not-so-spicy keto air fryer recipe
Why do you preheat your air fryer?
I like to preheat my air fryer so that when I add the salmon bites, the basket is nice and hot and helps to keep the salmon from sticking.
Can I use a slab of salmon instead?
Yes! Buying a slab of salmon will save you money. Cut the salmon into individual portions, wrap each well in plastic wrap, and store in the freezer.
Can I use frozen salmon?
This keto salmon recipe will work with fresh, frozen, or thawed salmon
What is the best way to thaw salmon?
The best way to thaw salmon or any frozen fish is to overnight in the fridge for multiple hours. If you do not have that much time, you can remove the salmon from the vacuum-sealed packaging (the packaging can contain bacteria so that is why you want to remove it!) and place it in a new sealed plastic bag. Fill your sink with cold water (always cold, never hot) and allow the fish to sit in the bag in the water. Change the water out every 30 minutes, to ensure it stays cold (under 40 degrees Fahrenheit), until the salmon is thawed.
Can I use a different type of fish?
You can use any type of fish for this keto air fryer recipe. However, you may need to alter the cooking time for different thicknesses of fish.
Can I double this keto salmon recipe?
Yes! Depending on the size of your air fryer, you can easily double or triple this recipe.
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for other keto air fryer recipes like this? Try these:
Perfect Keto Salmon Side Dishes
These are my favourite low-carb side dishes to serve with Keto Air Fryer Bang Bang Salmon:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 1-3 teaspoon sugar substitute (depending on how sweet you want your sauce)
- 1 - 5 ounce salmon fillets
- cooking spray
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Prepare sauce by whisking mayonnaise, chili sauce (or Sriracha), sugar substitute together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over the top of the salmon fillet. Reserve remaining sauce for serving.
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place fillets in the air fryer basket with the sauce facing up.
- Air fry until salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle salmon with extra sauce
- check your salmon at the 6-minute mark since different thicknesses as well as air fryers will cook at different rates.
- Your fish is cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.
- add as much or as little sweetener to suit your taste
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American, for One,
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 374
- Sugar: 2.5
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 0.4
- Protein: 32
Keywords: air fryer, salmon, fish, bang bang sauce, sugar-free, keto, low carb, healthy, for one, single serving, easy, quick