This no-bake keto coffee cheesecake is truly the most delicious and easiest keto cheesecake recipe. You will be shocked after making this keto cheesecake recipe, how smooth and creamy this no-bake keto coffee dessert sets up. Slightly sweet and perfectly refreshing!
No-Bake Keto Coffee Dessert
If you have been hesitant to make a no-bake sugar-free cheesecake for fear that it will not taste as decadent as a baked cheesecake, I am here to assure you that you will fall in love with this no-bake keto coffee cheesecake at first bite!
The thing that sets this recipe apart is its rich, full-on creamy filling that is not overpowered by a cheesecake flavour or too much sweetness. The slices of this keto cheesecake recipe are tall, gorgeous, and very impressive.
And unlike keto cheesecake recipes, such as my Keto Carrot Cake Cheesecake - Basque-Style!, Keto Vegan Strawberry Layered Cheesecake, or these White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins, you do not have to turn on your oven!
Why this keto cheesecake recipe works
- Easy - No-bake cheesecakes are much easier than baked cheesecakes. Without eggs and baking, there is virtually ZERO room for error. Traditional cheesecake runs the risk of over-beating the eggs, over-baking, under-baking, and cheesecake cracking.
- Texture - It is the perfect combination of a no-bake keto crust that is thick, buttery, and crunchy with a smooth creamy coffee filling
- Taste - Smooth, creamy, and velvet-rich cheesecake filling that has the right amount of coffee flavour with just the right amount of sweetness!
- Make-ahead - This no-bake keto coffee cheesecake can easily be made at least 1-2 days ahead of time. Or, you can also make parts of this recipe a couple of days ahead of time so that the final assembly comes together in under 15 minutes!
No-Bake Sugar-free Cheesecake Ingredients
Here are the main ingredients in this keto cheesecake recipe.
- Heavy Cream: Make sure that your heavy cream is no less than 36% milk fat. Beating heavy cream into stiff peaks most important step in this entire recipe, so do NOT skimp on time for this step.
- Cream Cheese: Make sure you use blocks of real cream cheese, not cream cheese soft spread. I only wanted a mild cheesecake flavour so that it would not overpower the coffee taste. However, you can add an additional 4 oz for a stronger cheesecake flavour.
- Sweetener: Most granulated keto sweeteners will crystallize when cooled and since this is a no-bake keto cheesecake, it has to be stored in the fridge. However, if you use alloluse, you will not get any crystallization.
- Gelatin: A smidge of gelatin helps to thicken the filling, while also keeping it light. You will first want to combine the gelatin with a small portion of cold heavy cream before than heating it briefly in the microwave to dissolve.
- Coffee: Feel free to add more or less coffee in this recipe. I used instant coffee as it dissolves really well. You could also use espresso powder but you may want to reduce the quantity as it is much stronger.
No-Bake Keto Crust Ingredients
This keto crust is thick, crunchy, and sets up beautifully… even without baking! I used this No-Bake Keto Pie Crust recipe and modified it ever so slightly for a chocolate twist!
- Almond flour - Almond flour has just the right texture to make this no-bake keto pie crust has just enough texture and flavour!
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut - Adding the shredded coconut helps to make this easy keto no-bake crust a little crunchy. Do not use coconut chips as they are too large.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - I have used both Black cocoa powder and regular cocoa powder.
- Sweetener - I used Lakanto Golden for this recipe but really any sweetener will work. If you use a different brand, make sure you taste the mixture and add any additional sweetener to suit your taste (and your pie!).
- Coconut oil - To make this a dairy-free keto pie crust, we are substituting traditional butter with coconut oil. Coconut oil solidifies when cold so it helps to keep this crust extra firm. However, if you plan on not refrigerating your pie, you may want to par-bake this keto pie crust to ensure that it hardens as coconut oil will soften if not refrigerated.
No-Bake Keto Coffee Cheesecake Instructions
This keto cheesecake recipe comes together in under 20 minutes!
Combine all the crust ingredients in a saucepan and cook until the almond flour just begins to become fragrant (about 5 minutes) and the shortening melts.
Press the crust into a lined-rimmed 7-inch spring-form pan. Place the no-bake keto crust in the freezer to cool.
Add ¼ cup of heavy cream to a small bowl and add the instant coffee and gelatin. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Heat the gelatin mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir the ingredients. Set the bowl to the side.
Whip the heavy cream and sweetener until stiff peaks form. Add in the cream cheese and beat again. Finally, add the gelatin mixture.
Whip for an additional 3 minutes before spreading the mixture into the springform pan.
Smooth the top of the keto coffee cheesecake using an offset spatula. Place it in the fridge to firm for at least 6 hours.
If desired, melt equal parts sugar-free chocolate chips with heavy cream in the microwave until all the chocolate has melted. Carefully pour the keto chocolate ganache over the top of the cheesecake before serving.
Hint: Make sure that you allow the cheesecake to firm in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours or preferably overnight.
What is "no-bake" cheesecake?
No-bake cheesecake is exactly what the name suggests. The graham cracker crust and cheesecake filling never see the inside of the oven, so it’s a fantastic dessert when the weather’s warm or when your oven is crowded. Or when you don’t feel like baking
Can I Make Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes?
Yes! You can use a silicon muffin tin and follow the exact same recipe to make mini no-bake cheesecakes!
Can I freeze this keto no-bake cheesecake?
However, you can freeze the cheesecake to enjoy at a later time. After it sets in the refrigerator, wrap the whole pan (you can remove the sides if desired) in 1 layer of plastic wrap, then 1 layer of aluminum foil. No-bake cheesecake freezes wonderfully for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, then slice and serve.
Can I make this keto no-bake cheesecake ahead of time?
This cheesecake can be made 1–2 days in advance. It can be refrigerated in step 6 for up to 2 days before serving. You can also make the crust 1–2 days ahead of time. Freeze for up to 1 hour in step 1, then cover tightly and refrigerate for 1–2 days before adding the filling. Another way to make this cheesecake ahead of time is to freeze it. Cheesecake can be frozen up to 3 months. See instructions in blog post above.
Why is gelatin first added to cold liquid?
Gelatin is first mixed with the cold heavy cream to hydrate the gelatin and ensures that your final product will have a smooth texture.
What is the difference between instant coffee and espresso powder?
Espresso powder has a more potent coffee flavour than instant coffee. You can swap it in 1:1 (especially if using dark roast instant coffee) or add half the amount.
How can you ensure that the no-bake cheesecake will not stick to the pan?
You can simply add a ring of parchment paper not only to the bottom of the pan but also along the sides. To help the parchment paper to stay in place, spray the ring with cooking spray.
More No-Bake Keto Recipes
Looking for other keto cheesecake recipes? Try these:
Keto Pie Crust Recipes
Although I love this chocolate no-bake keto crust, feel free to use any of the following for this keto cheesecake recipe.
For the Crust:
For the Coffee Cheesecake:
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 ½ tsp unflavoured gelatin
- ⅔ cup allulose
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces and softened
- 2 tbsp instant coffee (or espresso powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Optional Chocolate Glaze
- ½ cup sugar-free melting chocolate wafers (or chips)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Prepare the Easy Keto Chocolate Almond Flour Pie Crust (or any other favourite crust). I used a 7-9 inch springform pan which I lined the bottom and sides with parchment paper. You can make this using a deep pie dish instead. If the crust recipe you are using needs to be baked, make sure that the crust has completely cooled before preparing the coffee cheesecake.
- Pour ¼ cup heavy cream into a microwave-safe measuring cup. Add gelatin and whisk to combine. Let stand until gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes, then microwave on high power for about 20-30 seconds, or until cream is bubbling and gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream and allulose in a large bowl at medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and beat at medium-low speed until combined, about 1 minute (a few coffee bean-sized lumps may remain). Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl well with a rubber spatula. Add vanilla, and salt and continue to beat at medium-low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl again. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes. Add dissolved gelatin mixture and continue to beat at medium-high until smooth and airy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the crust and, using an offset or icing spatula dipped in hot water, spread the filling out evenly. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, but for best results refrigerate overnight.
For the Chocolate Glaze
- Heat the heavy cream on medium heat until it begins to simmer. Place the chocolate in a medium-size bowl and pour hot heavy cream over the chocolate. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes before stirring the chocolate until all the chocolate has melted. When ready to serve, carefully pour the chocolate over the top of the cake, allow some of the chocolate to drip along the edges.
- To serve, wrap hot, damp kitchen towel around springform pan. Unlock pan and carefully lift off sides. Slip thin metal spatula under crust and carefully slide cheesecake onto serving platter.
- Nutritional information does not include crust as the crust will vary depending on which recipe you follow.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chilling Time: 6 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: n
- Cuisine: Keto, Low Carb, Sugar-free
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 1.6
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 2.3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3.3
Keywords: no-bake, keto, easy dessert, summer, cheesecake, coffee, sugar-free, gluten-free