This Keto Bacon-Wrapped Pork will indulge your senses in a culinary journey that promises to tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. This easy keto dinner combines the juiciest pork tenderloin wrapped in crispy, smoky bacon. Brace yourselves for a symphony of flavors as I present this Air Fryer (or oven!) Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Extravaganza!
Easy Keto Dinner
Looking for a quick and easy keto dinner recipe that does not require much time but looks like it comes from a super expensive restaurant?
Well then, this bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin recipe is right up your alley!
With a thoughtful combination of flavours, cooking techniques, and textures, this pork and bacon recipe is so good, no one will ever guess just how easy it is to prepare!
Not only is the result of this dish one that is visually appealing but also incredibly tasty, making it a favourite for both casual dinners and special occasions.
Why this Keto Bacon-Wrapped Pork Recipe Works
This keto pork recipe works for several reasons:
- Perfect Flavour Combination - There is nothing better than combining a lean pork tenderloin with a rich and smoky layer of bacon! Not only does the bacon add a layer of rich, smoky flavor but also ensures the pork stays moist and succulent during cooking. Then, adding a combination of garlic, thyme, and paprika provides a well-balanced blend of savory and aromatic notes, enhancing the overall taste of the dish. Lastly, brushing the tenderloin with sugar-free honey during the final moments of cooking adds a sweet and sticky glaze. This not only enhances the visual appeal but also introduces a delightful sweetness that balances the savory bacon and spices.
- Perfectly cooked - This pork and bacon recipe combines searing and baking. The searing of the keto bacon-wrapped pork creates a crispy, golden-brown exterior. This initial step locks in the juices and sets the stage for a visually appealing and flavorful dish. Then, the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin is roasted in the oven to allow the pork to cook evenly. The controlled heat ensures that the inside of the tenderloin remains tender and juicy, while the bacon becomes perfectly crisp.
- Texture - The contrast in textures between the crispy bacon and the tender pork creates a delightful mouthfeel. The crunch from the bacon complements the melt-in-your-mouth tenderness of the pork, providing a satisfying eating experience.
- Versatility - This recipe is versatile and can be paired with a variety of side dishes, allowing you to customize the meal according to your preferences. Whether served with coconut riced cauliflower, roasted vegetables, or a keto broccoli salad, it adapts to different tastes and occasions.
- Easy - While this keto pork recipe might seem gourmet, it is relatively simple to prepare. The step-by-step instructions ensure that home cooks, regardless of their expertise, can recreate this restaurant-quality dish with ease.
Pork and Bacon Recipe Ingredients
- Pork - I have made this recipe using a plain pork tenderloin as well as pork loin. Either works really well. You can also use a seasoned pork tenderloin (my favourite is Smithfield Garlic and Herb) and skip the seasoning section in the recipe card.
- Bacon - Make sure you use thick-cut bacon. You will need one slice of bacon for each piece of pork. I like to use center-cut bacon as it shrinks less than other types of bacon.
- Spices - I used a combination of minced garlic, dried thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Feel free to use any spice combination you wish.
- Optional - If you want a nice sweet sugar-free glaze, you will need 2 tablespoons of sugar-free honey.
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
How to make this Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
This recipe is really easy and to make it even easier, I have included some step-by-step pictures with instructions to ensure perfect success when making this bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin!
Cut pork into 7-8 even sections, about 1 ½ inch thick. Wrap each section with one slice of bacon.
Using 6-inch wooden skewers, pierce each section of keto bacon-wrapped pork, creating a "lollypop" effect
Place pork in the air fryer basket in an upright fashion, using the skewers to hold up the pork. Air fry at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. If the bacon has not gotten crispy enough, turn the air fryer on "Broil - Hi" for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Remove the pork and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
Serve the pork with some fresh chopped parsley and crumbled blue cheese if desired.
Hint: If you do not have an air fryer, you can bake this pork and bacon recipe in the oven instead. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 18-22 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
PSMF or Carnivore Recipe
This bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin can be either a PSMF or a Carnivore diet recipe with some simple changes to the recipe. For PSMF, you can use turkey bacon to keep the protein-to-fat ratio on the higher side. Also, use center-cut bacon as it is less fatty than other cuts.
To make this recipe 100% carnivore, omit all the seasoning except for the salt and pepper. For 90% carnivore, add the spices and for 80% carnivore, add the sugar-free honey. For higher fat, do use regular bacon instead of center cut.
For more on PSMF vs Carnivore, check out this post!
Can I replace the pork tenderloin with a different type of meat?
Yes. You can use any type of meat in this recipe. Just be aware that the oven-roasting time may vary depending on the cut of the meat.
What is center-cut bacon?
Center-cut bacon is nothing more than regular bacon with the fatty ends cut off. If you're looking for bacon with less fat.
More Keto Pork Recipes:
Looking for other keto pork recipes like this? Try these:
Easy Keto Dessert Recipes
These are my favourite easy keto dessert recipes to serve with this keto pork recipe:
- 1 pork tenderloin (I used Garlic And Herb Marinated Pork by Smithfield)
- 8 slices of thick-cut bacon
- Blue Cheese Crumbles and Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Slice the pork crosswise into 8 even sections.
- Lay a slice of the bacon on a cutting board. Place the pork tenderloin at one end of the bacon slices. Carefully wrap the bacon around the pork, ensuring it is snug and secure. Use a 6" wood skewer to pierce the entire section of the pork and help secure the bacon.
- Place the pork skewers into the air fryer, using the basket wholes to help hold the pork in an upright direction.
- Heat the air fryer on 400 degrees F. and air fry for 18-22 minutes, rotating the skewers at the half-way point, or until the internal temperature of the pork registeres 145 degrees F. If the bacon is not crispy enough, simply turn the air fryer to "Broil - Hi" and broil for 2-5 minutes or until the bacon gets nice and crispy.
- Remove the pork skeweres and allow them to rest 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and fresh parsley if desired.
- if you are using a plain pork tenderloin, feel free to season it as follows:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free honey drizzled over the top if desired
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Amercian, PSMF, Carnivore
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 5.4
- Carbohydrates: 0.3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 17
Keywords: PSMF, keto, low carb, carnivore, air fryer, easy, weeknight, healthy, 2 ingredient