This Keto Chocolate S'mores Snack is the perfect crunchy sweet afternoon snack that we all crave! This copycat Fannie May recipe has only 5 ingredients, is a no bake keto recipe, comes together in literally minutes, and you don't even need a fire to make these! One of our favourite easy no bake s'mores recipe that we love to make all year long!
Summer is almost here which means camping and campfires are being planned everywhere! Nothing screams campfire than a good-old classic S'more with it's crunchy graham cracker, gooey marshmallow filling with chocolate oozing out the sides!
This Copycat Keto Chocolate S'mores Snack taste just like the Fannie May S'mores Snack Mix without all the sugar and carbs! Plus, for a fraction of the cost and no campfire necessary, you can make this homemade sugar-free S'mores snack in under 10 minutes!!!
Just like my copycat Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies, Copycat Coconut Keto Clusters Recipe, as well as these Copycat Keto Dark Chocolate Nuggets Recipe, this copycat Fannie May S'mores recipe taste just as good (if not better!) that the store-bought version and doesn't contain any of the carbs!
Why this recipe works
- Taste - It honestly tastes just like the Fannie May version. Sweet with a hint of cinnamon...yummy!
- Texture - Crunchy, creamy, and marshmallowy soft...definitely a dance party in your mouth when it comes to textures
- Ease - Under 10 minutes and only 5 ingredients...doesn't get much easier than that! Plus, since it is a no-bake keto recipe, no need to heat up the oven!
- Money Saving - The total cost for this recipe is about $3 which makes it fit into any budget
This Keto Chocolate S'mores snack recipe requires only 5 basic ingredients.
- Chocolate - You can use any type of sugar-free chocolate that you wish, from milk, to dark. I like to use the Bake Believe Chocolate Melting wafers as they taste great, melt well and also are the cheapest on the market!
- Marshmallows - You can use either this homemade Easy Keto Marshmallow Recipe or use store-bought sugar-free marshmallows. I recently bought ChocZero Sugar-free Marshmallows and I can honestly say that they are AMAZING (and no, I am not even being sponsored by them!)
- Cereal - I used Catalina Crunch Honey Graham for the authentic S'mores flavor but any type of keto cereal will work. You could also use this Healthy Keto Peanut Butter Protein Cereal instead.
- Oil - I love using Palm shortening for no-bake keto recipes as the organic palm shortening is stable at room temperature, unlike coconut oil and butter.
- Cocoa Powder - This ingredient is optional but I have started adding a little unsweetened cocoa powder to any sugar-free melted chocolate as it seems to stabilize the chocolate and help it to melt in your mouth and not in your hands!
See the recipe card for quantities.
Are you ready to make some copycat Fanny May S'mores snacks?!! Grab a bowl and a spoon and let's do this!
Combine the marshmallow pieces and cereal in a large bowl. Stir to combine and set to the bowl to the side.
Microwave the chocolate and palm shortening for 30 seconds and then stir until all the chocolate has melted. Stir in the cocoa powder.
Pour the chocolate over the cereal and marshmallows until all the ingredients are well coated.
Spread on a parchment-lined baking tray.
Place the tray at room temperature until the chocolate has set. You can also place the baking sheet in the fridge to help set the chocolate more quickly if desired.
Hint: Use a larger than-needed bowl to make melt the chocolate as this will make mixing the ingredients much easier.
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Marshmallows - instead of homemade marshmallows, you can use almonds
- Chocolate - use sugar-free white chocolate melting wafers instead of chocolate.
- Cereal - use chopped nuts, seeds or any other flavour or type of cerea.
You can modify this basic recipe to create an ton of different keto variations to this copycat Fannie May S'mores recipe.
- Peppermint - add peppermint extract and chopped sugar-free peppermint candies to the mix.
- Peanut Butter - use this Peanut Butter Cereal for a nice peanut twist.
- Coconut - add some toasted unsweetened coconut flakes to the cereal mixture with a couple of drops of coconut extract for an almond joy flavour.
You do not need any fancy kitchen gear to make these no bake S'mores. Just make sure that you use a really big bowl which will help you to completely cover the sugar-free s'mores with the chocolate coating.
Although these copycat Fannie May S'mores did not last more than a couple of days in our home, I am fairly certain that kept in an airtight container, these sugar-free s'mores should last at least a week or two at room temperature.
You can also store these in the freezer (I actually did this to try and stop myself from eating this keto chocolate S'mores snack in one sitting!!!), and they are actually really good frozen and can easily be brought to room temperature after being frozen. They should last in the freezer for at least 3 months, if not longer.
You do not have to add the unsweetened cocoa powder. However, adding the unsweetened cocoa powder keeps the chocolate stable at room temperature.
Why do you add oil to the chocolate when melting?
Using shortening or oil helps to smooth out the chocolate as well as to help to ensure the chocolate does not seize. You can leave out the oil but the bites will be fairly hard.
What is the difference between coconut oil and palm shortening?
Palm shortening is more stable at higher temperatures than coconut oil. Coconut oil will liquify at 78 degrees F. so if you live in a hot state (like I do!), then palm shortening will help to prevent the chocolate from melting on your fingers.
Can I use a different type of cereal?
Yes. Feel free to use any type of cereal that you have on hand.
Why are there so many carbs in this no bake keto recipe?
The carb count may seem high compared to some of my other keto reicpes. However, there are only 6 grams of net carbs per serving since most of the carbs come from fiber.
How do you calculate net carbs for keto recipes?
To calculate net carbs, you need to take the total number of carbs and substract the fiber. This will give you the net carbs.
What is the fat percentage for this recipe?
This keto recipe comes in at 65% fat. If you want to add more fat to this recipe to increase the percentage, add a cup of pecans or macadamia nuts. Adding 1 cup of macadamia nuts will raise each serving to 75% fat.
- 6 oz sugar-free chocolate chips, melting wafers or a sugar-free chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 tbsp palm shortening (or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar-free ChocZero Marshmallows, cut in half
- 1 cup Catalina Crunch Cereal (any flavour)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set to the side. Place the cereal and cut marshmallows into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set the bowl to the side.
- Place the sugar-free chocolate chips and shortening or oil in a large microwave safe measuring cup. Heat for 30 seconds. Stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in the unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and marshmallow pieces and stir to cover the ingredients. Spread the mixture onto the parchment paper. Allow to set at room temperature.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
- add 1 cup of macadamia nuts to increase the fat to 75%
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: America, Fall, Holidays
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: ⅓ cup
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 12
- Protein: 4.5
Keywords: Copycat, keto, low carb, gluten-free, Fannie May, snack mix, s'mores, chocolate, graham